One page a day is all it takes for a rock-solid foundation in literacy!
Grade Two Literacy makes reading natural and easy.
Every week, your child reads a whimsical story following Boris and his barnyard friends in their adventures, and practices reading comprehension, writing, journaling, and more. By using carefully planned sight words, reading becomes natural, easy, and magical.
The Grade Two Literacy Curriculum covers the following core skills:
- Reading: Reading development and comprehension using word families, sight words, phonemic awareness, and comprehension questions.
- Writing: Writing development, spelling, making connections and predictions, personal accounts, parts of speech, and types of sentences using extension questions and journal prompts.
- Media Literacy: Building an awareness of the advertising world and how items are marketed to persuade people to take action.
- And More! Including Reader's Theatre, crosswords and word searches, poetry, procedural writing, descriptive writing, and a culminating final activity of retelling the curriculum's story.
It's All About Quality Over Quantity
Skip the struggles and spend your days doing what brings you joy, knowing you have your core literacy skills covered in one page a day.
Grade Two Literacy is for children who:
- can read three letter words (such as 'cat') fluently and with ease
- recognize multiple sight words (such as 'the' or 'and')
Not quite there yet? Check out the Grade One Literacy Curriculum, which is perfect for children who know their letters and sounds and are beginning to blend three letter words (such as 'cat').