36-weeks of engaging, curriculum-based exercises. All literacy core skills are covered with only one page per day!
Give your child rock-solid core skills in only one page per day!
If you believe in the power of child-led learning, and also believe that children need rock-solid core skills, then you and I are birds of a feather!
This is exactly why I created the Literacy Core Skill Coursebook. One page per day is all it takes to ensure all boxes are checked and deep, meaningful literacy core skills are covered.
Literacy Level One Coursebook is for you if your child:
- knows their letters and sounds
- is beginning to blend three letter words (such as 'cat')
Not quite there yet? Check out Kindergarten at Home, which introduces your child to letters, numbers, and more through hands-on play and real-life experiences.
Level One Literacy makes reading natural and easy.
Every week, your child reads a short, simple story, practices reading comprehension, writing, and journal prompts. By using carefully planned out word families and sight words, reading becomes natural, easy, and magical.
The literacy curriculum covers the following core skills:
- Reading: Reading development and comprehension using word families, sight words, and comprehension questions. By the end of this coursebook, your child will have learned 36 word families and the first 100 sight words.
- Writing: Writing development, phonetic spelling, and recall using extension questions and journal prompts.
- Media Literacy: Building an awareness of the advertising world and how items are marketed to persuade people to take action.
- And More! Including different types of poetry, recipes, fiction, and non-fiction writing pieces, comics, and a culminating final activity of writing and illustrating a story.
The Core Skills Bundle is perfect for:
- temporary homeschooling
- home learning or unschooling
- homeschooling longhaulers
- summer learning
- filling gaps in learning caused by a disruptive year