One hour a day is all it takes for a rock-solid foundation!
Grade One Literacy makes reading natural and easy.
You will read a short, simple story each week to practice reading comprehension. By using carefully planned out word families and sight words, reading becomes natural, easy, and magical. You will also explore poetry, journaling, and so much more.
The Grade One Literacy Curriculum covers the following core skills:
- Reading: Reading development and comprehension using word families, sight words, and comprehension questions. By the end of this coursebook, your child will have learned 36 word families and the first 100 sight words.
- Writing: Writing development, phonetic spelling, and recall using extension questions and journal prompts.
- Media Literacy: Building an awareness of the advertising world and how items are marketed to persuade people to take action.
- And More! Including different types of poetry, recipes, fiction, and non-fiction writing pieces, comics, and a culminating final activity of writing and illustrating a story.
Grade One Math takes you on a magical storybook adventure.
Written as a storybook, Grade One Math is engaging, meaningful, and fun. Join Princess Nora, Prince Dylan, and Princess Clara as they explore all five of the math strands in the magical village of Wee Learning Kingdom.
The Grade One Math Curriculum covers the following core skills:
- Algebra: Identify and describe patterns, and create and translate patterns, using a variety of shapes and objects.
- Financial Literacy: Identify and add coins and bills up to $2.00 (a Canadian version and an American version is available).
- Spatial Sense: Learn and sort 2D and 3D shapes by attributes, construct 3D shapes and identify the 2D objects found within them.
- Data: Sort sets of data about people or things by an attribute, collect data, and organize data into tally tables.
- Numbers: Read, represent, compose and decompose whole numbers up to 50 using a variety of techniques.
It's All About Quality Over Quantity
Skip the struggles and spend your days doing what brings you joy, knowing you have your core math and literacy skills covered in one hour a day.
Grade One Math & Literacy is for children who:
- know their letters and sounds
- are beginning to blend three letter words (such as 'cat')
- know their numbers up to 10
- understand what the numbers up to 10 represent
Not quite there yet? Check out Kindergarten at Home, which introduces your child to letters, numbers, and more through hands-on play and real-life experiences.
Need a bit more of a challenge? Check out the Grade Two Math & Literacy Curriculum!