This bundle includes everything you need for a complete year of learning!The Grade Three Curriculum Bundle includes:
- Grade Three Literacy Curriculum PRE-ORDER
- Grade Three Math Curriculum PRE-ORDER
- Family Unit Study Mega Bundle
Grade Three Literacy makes reading natural and easy.
Every week, your child reads a whimsical story following Declan and his friends in their adventures, and practices reading comprehension, writing, journaling, and more.
The Grade Three Literacy Curriculum covers the following core skills:
- Reading: Reading development continues as we add in a variety of literacy, graphic and informational texts, increase the range of strategies used to construct meaning, aim for understanding a variety of stylistic elements used in texts, and increased reading fluency.
- Writing: Writing will continue to be developed through generating and organizing ideas and information, drafting and revising work with a focus on editing, proofreading to correct errors, and presenting work confidently.
- Media Literacy: Media texts will be looked at and created as we aim to understand what media texts are and how they impact us.
- And more! With a quality-over-quantity approach and a focus on engaging young learners, Grade Three Literacy is full of learning and fun.
Grade Three Math takes you on a magical storybook adventure.
Written as a storybook, Grade Three Math is engaging, meaningful, and fun. Join Declan, his family, and their animals as they explore the five math strands.
The Grade Three Math Curriculum covers the following core skills:
- Algebra: Identify, extend, and create patterns, as well as demonstrate an understanding of expressions, equalities, and inequalities. Coding concepts are introduced.
- Financial Literacy: Demonstrate an understanding of the value and use of currency by determining the amount of change that would be required in a variety of situations.
- Spatial Sense: Compare and estimate measurements as well as study geometric properties and spatial relationships in order to navigate the world around them.
- Data: Analyse data to make informed decisions and determine the likelihood that events will happen.
- Numbers: demonstrate an understanding of numbers up to 1000 and describe various ways they are used in everyday life. Compare, order, build, and decompose numbers up to 1000 and learn about fractions and rounding.
Dive into 15 fascinating unit studies with hands-on activities and real-life experiences.
The Family Unit Study Mega Bundle includes all of the unit studies from the Animal Enthusiasts Bundle, Earth & Sky Exporers Bundle, AND the Creative Scientists Bundle. That's 15 Family Unit Studies—150 hands-on activities, interesting facts, discussion questions, enrichment questions, and more!
Animal Enthusiasts Bundle:
- Mammals Family Unit Study
- Reptiles Family Unit Study
- The Ocean Family Unit Study
- Exploring Rainforests Family Unit Study
- Dinosaurs Family Unit Study
Earth & Sky Explorers Bundle:
- The Seven Continents Family Unit Study
- Rocks and Gems Family Unit Study
- Seeds and Plants Family Unit Study
- Weather Family Unit Study
- Stars and Constellations Family Unit Study
Creative Scientists Bundle:
- Edible Science Family Unit Study
- Exploring Color Family Unit Study
- The Human Body Family Unit Study
- Flight Family Unit Study
- The Solar System Family Unit Study
What is a Unit Study?
Each of our Family Unit Studies explores ten topics through integrated learning. For example, in the Seeds and Plants Family Unit Study, you will explore:
- Topic 1: Four Types of Plants
- Topic 2: Parts of a Seed
- Topic 3: The Plant Life Cycle
- Topic 4: Parts of a Plant
- Topic 5: Photosynthesis
- Topic 6: Pollination
- Topic 7: Spreading Seeds
- Topic 8: Plant Adaptations
- Topic 9: Why Do We Need Plants?
- Topic 10: Get Growing!
We start each topic by igniting curiosity...
Interesting Fact to Spark Curiosity
- A great deal of learning will happen all on its own when children are interested in what they are learning about.
Discussion Question to Start a Dialogue
- Allow yourself to go wherever the conversation goes! Children can learn so much from having discussions and conversations.
Curated YouTube Video with Experts in the Field
- Carefully curated YouTube videos allow your child to visually immerse themselves in the unit's topic.
Book Suggestion for a Literacy-Rich Environment
- Read together or encourage independent exploration with these library book suggestions that naturally ignite learning.
...then engage and expand with hands-on learning.
Hands-On Activity for Deep Learning
- Engaging activities target specific skills, such as science, art, social studies, geography, cooperation, critical thinking, early engineering, and creativity.
What's Happening to Extend Learning
- Learn more about the science behind the hands-on activity with this helpful information.
Math or Literacy Enrichment for an Extra Challenge
- Each topic includes a word-based math problem or a literacy activity modified to three levels so they are fitting for the whole family.
Tips & Printables for Easy, Beautiful Learning
- Each Family Unit Study includes an introduction with tips, as well as printables to beautify and extend learning.
Reignite a love of learning in your homeschool.
I’m a second year homeschooling mom, first time creating a curriculum on my own. We are LOVING the family units. We are using them for our 1st, 4th, and 6th graders, and our 4 year old is tagging along. They are just so well put together: they’re engaging, fun, and long enough to gain great information but short enough to keep interest at all levels.
I love the differentiation for the different grade levels of our kids, too. It’s empowering to see them recognize they all might be learning the same material, but they have different levels of understanding to go along with the knowledge.
The Grade Three Complete Bundle is for children who:
- can read simple readers fluently
- recognize the first 100 sight words
- can confidently count to 100
Not quite there yet? Check out the Grade Two Complete Bundle, which is perfect for children who can read three letter words (such as 'cat'), are beginning to recognize some sight words, understand concretely how to make 10 (such as '1 and 9', '2 and 8,' etc.), and can count to 25 or higher.
NOTE: Grade Three Literacy & Math Curriculum Pre-Orders are expected to be delivered early January 2024.
Family Unit Study Mega Bundle will be delivered immediately.